Path to the Throne
Cecaelia Character Creator
*Below is how to create a Cecaelia character. Note all the background stuff on their nation and society is still up in the air. I just know they are another type of humanoid intelligent creature living in the sea and that my people deal with them. All I did was create the race and am up for any help on more background stuff. If someone decides to play as one of them the creator of course is below. -Gwyn/Miriya
A Cecaelian is a 20 RP creature and is classified as a medium amphibious creature with a movement speed of 20 ft for land and 40 ft. for sea. Flavor wise they can turn from their sea form to human/elf form at will. They have 8 tentacles that they can use as extra appendages.
Society: They value knowledge and intelligence. They also view the merfolk as beautiful and their idea for what they should try to look like. It’s not uncommon for them to try and win the hearts of their fellow sea-dweller, however success isn’t overly common.
Politics: In the sea there are multiple kingdoms/city states of them and the merfolk some actually accept rule of the High-King or other kings as their rulers. But they do have there own nations as well.
Relations: Cecaelians tend to keep to just the sea, however some do enjoy exploring the world above and female magic users have this race have gotten the term sea-witches to become commonly associated with their race.
Religion: The Cecaelians also believe that Ayers the god of chaos created the world. Rhaegal, his son, is the god of sea and fortune and bestowed them and the Mher legs long-ago. (See the legend) They believe that Irvetta the water goddess is the mother of all life, it is disputed however who she’s married to or if she is at all.
Ability Score Racial Traits: Cecaelians gain +2 in Constitution and gain +6 to Intelligence.
Languages: Cecaelians can only speak Cecaelian unless they roll a high enough Intelligence. Once determined if the character has a high enough Intelligence you may pick from four different languages. Common, Draconic, Elvin, or Mher. However all Cecaelians have Fish-speak, letting them talk with any water creature with at least 7 Intelligence.
Senses Racial Traits:
• Deepsight and Low-Light
• Water sense- Members of this race can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same body of water.
• Weather Savvy- Can spend a full-round action to predict the weather in an area for the next 24 hours. This prediction is always accurate, but cannot account for spells or supernatural effects that might alter the forecast.
• Tentacle Sense- As a swift action while swimming and while it is not grappled or grappling, the cecaelia can spread its tentacles wide to form a sensory net around it. This grants blindsight to a range of 10 feet and lasts as long as the cecaelia concentrates. While this effect lasts, the creature cannot attack with its tentacles or move.
• Elemental Vulnerability (Fire)
• Dehydration Vulnerability- Takes one point against Consitution for everyday without drinking enough or soaking in water.
• Swim- +8
• Disguise and Stealth +2 each
• Stalker- Perception and Stealth are always class skills for members of this race.
Defense Racial Traits:
• Hydrated Vitality- Members of this race gain fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime they submerge completely within a body of natural salt water, fresh water, or brackish water. Stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water (such as water within an artificial pit or a bag of holding) does not activate this ability. Members of this race can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function.
• Ink Cloud- They can emit a 5-foot-radius cloud of ink once per minute as a free action while underwater. This cloud provides total concealment. The ink persists for 1 minute.
Magical Racial Traits:
• Create Water- Gains the spell as a cantrip.
Offense Racial Traits:
• Weapon Familiarity: They are proficient in the trident and the spear.