Path to the Throne
Mher Character Creation
A Mher is a 20 RP creature and is classified as a medium amphibious creature with a movement speed of 20 ft for land and 40 ft. for sea. Flavor wise they can turn from their sea form to human/elf form at will and are typically described as beautiful with a variety of tail and hair colors.
Society: There are actually two different types of merfolk land-walkers (Mherth) and sea-dwellers (Mherqua). Both however do worship their water goddess, Irvetta, and their sky god, Rhaegal, heavily. They believe that Rhaegal brings fortune to their people, for any ship or treasure that sinks is theirs. Some take this to the extreme and devote themselves to a life of piracy. Generally speaking the merfolk value music and dance, some even use their songs to hypnotize sailors on the seas.
Politics: In the sea there are multiple kingdoms/city states, however their is a High-King who has ruled over most of them off and on since at least the first land-walkers. However even though there are kingdoms not all merfolk claim to be from one, and instead chose to lead a nomadic lifestyle but many do still follow at least the High-Kings laws. Inheritance at least where the High-King is concerned is decided by said King before he dies. If for some reason no heir was chosen then a council of all the lower kings will chose one. If the council disagrees on the heir apparent they may vote to veto said choice and nominate a new heir only after the kings death.
Relations: Mher tend to keep to themselves, however they did have essentially a pirate war that lasted ages against the different humans, mainly. During the Great War the merfolk were split between supporting the dragon-riders/humans and the Kitsune, causing a civil war in the sea. The High-King currently is allied with the dragon-riders.
Religion: The Mher believe that Ayers the god of chaos created the world. Rhaegal, his son, is the god of sea and fortune and bestowed the Mherth legs long-ago. (See the legend) They believe that Irvetta the water goddess is the mother of all life, it is disputed however if she’s married to Ayers and if she’s still mad about the Mherth’s legs.
Ability Score Racial Traits: Mher gain +2 in Constitution. You have the option to gain either a siren or warrior advantage by taking +2 to either Charisma or Strength.
Languages: Mher can only speak Mher unless they roll a high enough Intelligence. Once determined if the character knows has a high enough Intelligence you may pick from four different languages. Common, Draconic, Elvin, or Cecaelian. However all Mher have Fish-speak, letting them talk with any water creature with at least 7 Intelligence.
Senses Racial Traits:
- Deepsight and Low-Light
- Water sense- Members of this race can sense vibrations in water, granting them blindsense 30 feet against creatures that are touching the same body of water.
- Weather Savvy- Can spend a full-round action to predict the weather in an area for the next 24 hours. This prediction is always accurate, but cannot account for spells or supernatural effects that might alter the forecast.
- Elemental Vulnerability (Fire)
- Dehydration Vulnerability- Takes one point against Consitution for everyday without drinking enough or soaking in water.
- Swim- +8
- Scavenger- +2 to both Appraise and Perception.
Defense Racial Traits:
- Illusion Resistance- Gains a +2 racial saving throw bonus against illusion spells and effects.
- Hydrated Vitality- Members of this race gain fast healing 2 for 1 round anytime they submerge completely within a body of natural salt water, fresh water, or brackish water. Stagnant, poisoned, or trapped water (such as water within an artificial pit or a bag of holding) does not activate this ability. Members of this race can heal up to 2 hit points per level per day with this ability, after which it ceases to function.
Magical Racial Traits:
- Hypnotic Gaze- Members of this race gain the following supernatural ability (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level):
1/day—hypnotism; The effects last only 1 round.
- Create Water- Gains the spell as a cantrip.
Offense Racial Traits:
- Weapon Familiarity: They are proficient in the trident and net. So much so that they gain the Net Adept and Net and Trident feats.
Existing characters of this race:
[[:gwyn | Artur Heilynson
[[:gywn | Rhine Heilynsdotter]]
Return to Wiki Home Page: